Made but could be better

thread stands

I wanted to try out my new chalk paint before I tackled a big project.  The blocks of wood are around 3″ square and I was going to make a pretty stand for thread.  Thought and thought and eventually found the curtain hooks to thread the thread through.  The bobbins were a late buy and I decided to add a magnet.  I could not have made these without my bench drill and was happy with the results.  BUT, they would have looked better with thread wrapped around the reel and perhaps trim on the base block.  8 have gone off to new homes and I may make a few more.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in stuff I made and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s