My friend, Tina gave me a rather lovely moleskin journal for Christmas so this year I will try to journal at least a bit. First job was to make a cover – I used recycled denim and scraps of old shirts/skirts etc. This weeks finished project is ———
front cover with a copper dungaree clasp
the inside of front with extra pocket
and the back.
I have been attempting to tidy up my attic space. It was a huge mess with three or more years of dumped stuff piled in a heap. I made some floor space which made it easier to find the bag of denim jeans waiting to be recycled. Then I found a box of blue jeans, then a box labelled ‘black jeans’ and another with beige!!! I gathered up all the blue and brought it down to civilisation. The last week or so I have been cutting off the waistbands and the heavy seams and now have one nice neat box of denim fabric, with room in the top for a bag of tabs, pockets and small pieces. And a sore hand. And…I broke my favourite seam ripper – sigh. The black and beige can wait for another day. I also managed to reduce a bag of white shirts to a small box of buttons and some fabric pieces waiting to be dyed. Sadly this doesn’t count as something finished as I still have loads more tidying to do.