I made rolags using my Wingham Woolworks blending board and mixed wool tops with a little silk for texture and shine. I sort of put the same amount of fibre into four baskets, then put one basketful onto the board and pulled off my rolags. Each board had the same fibres but not necessarily in the same place on the board.
Then I gently drafted and mixed the rolags so that I didn’t get definate bands where the different groups were
There is a lot more fibre to spin before I can begin to ply, with luck that will sort out the over twisted parts and even out the lumpy bits. If not, I will call it an art yarn, or keep it to show an early effort – I can only improve 🙂